On Thursday, the 31st of October 2019, four P-TECH Australia students were selected to represent Tec-NQ and industry partner Modern Projects Solutions (MPS) at the North Queensland Technology in Manufacturing Workshop. The event was a fantastic opportunity to see the latest trends in Advanced Manufacturing with the aim of connecting manufacturers and makers with new and emerging technologies.
Students had the opportunity to see and hear from leading employers and technology experts across a range of topic areas such as:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Virtual reality in manufacturing
- Improving energy efficiency and renewable energy use
- Internet of Things, simple solutions for improved business efficiency
- Automation, robotics and the factory of the future
- Design and prototyping solutions for product development
The event was held at the Queensland Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDMIP)’s Townsville Manufacturing Hub.
Kailis Adamson, Year 11 P-TECH Australia Electrical, said: “I really enjoyed the AR/VR in the Workplace session. It was interesting how the technology applies to safety. I’d love to learn more about how to integrate this technology within my trade.”